A lot of disruptions have been happening to most of us because of this pandemic. We almost were ready to see more people cozy-up in gatherings at home this coming winter. But the current outbreak says a gigantic “NOT!”… So I guess my wishful thinking have to get grounded by the current facts of life. Am sure, everyone’s familiar with these disruptions so let’s narrow it down to just being (tadaaan!) beautiful.
You may think that work from home and virtual meetings gives you more time for yourself and get things more done at home. But wait! A lot of times, uncertainty ruins our ability to create that necessary routine to seamlessly get your perfectly done visage out of the door to attend this thing we call life. This article goes especially for the working ladies out there. If the usual routine would be waking up, having breakfast, taking a shower, doing your usual skin care routine and then make-up before going to work, these times have made everything erratic. Regular schedules differ but your skin’s needs do not.
The standard skin care and make-up routine now become second place to fixing your room, doing work while eating your favourite treats and binge watching till you fall asleep. Here’s some ideas to help you keep your glow until the next face to face time comes back again.
- Start and end the day with skin care. To immediately get it out of the way, as soon as you wake up, cleanse-tone-moisturize. This will keep your skin hydrated no matter what you’re doing the rest of the day. At night, before watching that series you’ve been wanting to see, cleanse-tone-moisturize before you become a couch potato and fall asleep in front of the TV.
- Always apply a thin layer of sun block. UV rays can still reach you even if you’re inside your home. By doing this, you do not only prevent skin damage by UVB’s but also slows down the skin’s ageing process.
- Hydrate. Dink a lot of water. This provides the right hydration that keeps your skin supple and fresh.
- During meetings that does not need you to be on cam, slip a moisturizing mask while you’re attending the meeting. Stress can also be a major source of skin deterioration. Doubling your moisturizing routine can help take out the stress on your skin.
- The break also give’s your hair the breather it needs from the application of heat and other sculpting products. You can apply a coconut mask or just plain coconut oil to refresh your scalp and replace the moisture that it loses from the extreme heat or cold. Tie your hair in a high ponytail or a simple low bun to concentrate the effect of the coconut oil and appear neat on cam.
- Put Vaseline on your heels or the whole sole and wear socks. This helps moisturize your feet and dissolve the hard skin you get from constantly wearing heels.
7. Wear a nude moisturizing lipstick or a coloured lip balm to keep your lips
from drying up or chapping.
Taking care of your skin or putting on the right make-up shouldn’t only happen when people are looking. It should be something that never goes out of your routine because you have to look good for you and not anybody else.
Keep on being beautiful.